Marco Oggian | http://marcoggian.info
"If you look around you’ll see immediately that: Futura is totally the new Helvetica."
Marco is a a young nuclear physicist. He has worked ever since with a wide range of project within logo creation, illustration, branding identity, font design and typography, photo shooting, fair stand creation and many more. Clients include Computer Arts Magazine, True Color Films, Volcom, BMW Italia, Brekka, CreativeDa Korea and Ten Dollar Fonts.
Naming a project is always an awful experience.
An earworm that won’t stop tapping your skull from the inside. A tenacious pop jingle with teeth and a paycheck.
As a freelance designer, I do a fair amount of this for clients. Generally, my process has been a garble of notes and trips to…
This humble blog began some months ago, until this date we have posted 9 wonderful books about lettering, typography and calligraphy. In case you forget the gift for your graphic designer geeky friend here is a recap of all the books featured here, a perfect gift for the typophile or the amateur designer avid of know more about this beautiful discipline (click on the name of every one to see more details):
- The Geometry of Type by Stephen Coles.
- Thinking With Type by Ellen Lupton.
- New Ornamental Type: Decorative Lettering in the Digital Age.
- Little Book Of Lettering by Emily Gregory.
- Helvetica and the New York City Subways System: The True (Maybe) Story.
- Type Matters! by Jim Williams.
- Hand to Type: Scripts, Hand-Lettering and Calligraphy by R. Klanten.
- Calligraffiti: The Graphic Art of Neils Shoe Meulman
- Scripts: Elegant Lettering from Design’s Golden Age
In case you want a light review of this books you can visit typographybooks.tumblr.com and see more details.